Mr S. Devendran is the CEO of Sree Narayana Mission (Singapore) (SNM), a charity with an IPC status that provides a range of services in the eldercare sector and cater several community programmes to the less privileged.
Prior to joining SNM, Mr Devendran worked with the Singapore Indian Development Association (SINDA) for seven years. He was first appointed as Deputy Director, Corporate Services and then as Director, Community Engagement. He engaged various Indian religious and community organisations to identify collaborative opportunities and to achieve mutually desired outcomes for the community.
A recipient of the SAF Overseas Training Award, Mr Devendran is a graduate of the National Defence Academy, Khadakwasla, India and the Indian Military Academy, Dehradun. He retired from the SAF as the Deputy Chief of an Army Logistics Formation.
Mr S Devendran was appointed as Justice of the Peace by the President of Singapore on 1 September 2020.
He currently serves on several boards and committees including:
• Member, NCSS - Social Services Sector Strategic Thrust Steering Committee
• Member, AIC Community Care Technology Council
• Member, AIC Procurement Committee
• Board Member, Caritas Humanitarian Aid & Relief Initiatives Singapore
• Member, Inaugural Board of Governors of 'SICCI Cares' (Singapore Indian Chamber of Commerce and Industry's CSR arm)
• Board Member, Board of Visitors (Singapore Prisons)
• Vice-Chairman, Home Detention Advisory Committee (3)
• Vice-Chairman, Inter-Racial and Religious Confidence Circle (IRCC) Nee Soon Central • Committee Member, Singapore Indian Association
• Committee Member, Yishun Primary School Advisory Committe